Several months ago, my husband and I decided to try the Keto way of eating. I had always assumed Keto just mean no sugar or bread. Actually, a true Keto diet is low natural carbs, sufficient protein and high keto-approved fats. We have relied heavily on Dr. Ken Berry and his excellent YouTube videos on the topic. We also recommend Dr. Sten Ekberg and Dr. Eric Berg.
This cheesecake has become our go-to dessert for company. Even people not “doing keto” love it. Using the Monk Fruit Sweetener means no weird aftertaste. (We buy it at Costco but Amazon also sells it.)
Keto No-Bake Cheesecake
For the crust:
1 ½ cup finely ground pecans
4 tbsp real butter, melted
1 tbsp granulated Monk Fruit Classic
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
1/2 cup cold water
2 packets unflavored gelatin powder
16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated Monk Fruit Classic
1 cup sour cream
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese, well drained
2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a glass bottom 9″ springform pan. Set aside. (Mine is textured and doesn’t require this.)
- To make the crust, combine the monk fruit and melted butter, then stir in the ground pecans and vanilla extract until combined. Press the mixture firmly and evenly against the bottom of the springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir until the gelatin is fully incorporated and let sit for about 5 minutes. Microwave on high for 20 seconds or until the gelatin is dissolved and liquid. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, vanilla and sweetener in a bowl. Mix on medium-low speed until the mixture is creamy. Scrape down the beater and the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Reduce the speed to medium and slowly drizzle the warm gelatin into the bowl. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat until well combined. Pour the filling over the cake base and smooth with spatula.
- Refrigerate for minimum 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, take the cheesecake out of the refrigerator. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and unmold the cake.
- Top slices with berries and/or keto chocolate sauce and serve.
Tip: I just melt a few Tbls of real butter, add some granulated Monk Fruit (to taste) and about 3 Tbls. of high-fat dark cocoa to make a quick and easy keto friendly chocolate sauce.
So how is Keto going? Really well! Both of us have eliminated medications and noticed a huge reduction in joint and muscle inflammation. It’s nice to get out of bed in the morning without feeling 80 years old! We expected the reduction of belly fat, but were surprised to also have skin tags fall off (they are due to insulin levels!), to discover our skin becoming more youthful looking and a notice a drastic reduction in the size of my lymphomas. (Fatty tumors that I’ve had to have surgically removed before.) Check out the experts’ videos mentioned above and see if you think it is right for you. And in the meantime, enjoy the cheesecake!